We strive to share a wholistic living model that provides experiences that are…
Slowing Down & Restoring Calm
Restoring Health & Wellbeing
Expanding the Mind &
At Honaunau Farm, we aspire to live “full-spectrum,” weaving our practical day-to-day engagement with a higher spiritual perspective.
Regenerative living is one of our guiding principles, which means going beyond sustainability and actively taking steps to restore the health and well-being of all aspects of life. Slowing down and relaxing into the present is a key aspect of regenerative living, creating many opportunities to harmonize with each other and nature. Inspiration is a driving force in fulfilling our purpose and sustaining our health and wellbeing. Based on this integrative approach, we share our offerings and take informed action toward fulfilling our higher purpose. The farm is an ongoing opportunity for us to learn, evolve, and walk a spiritual path with practical steps.
‘Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.’ -Rumi
At Honaunau Farm, we hope to offer our guests a relaxing experience that lets them unwind, and we are slowly cultivating that practice ourselves. Slowing down brings us more into the present and in connection with the people, animals, and nature around us. It is critical in our overly digital, fast-paced world for everyone to have the opportunity to slow down. Hawai’i as a whole supports this shift and invites everyone, residents and visitors alike, to take it down a notch and reconnect with themselves, their ohana (chosen family), and the ʻāina (land).
The term regenerative describes processes that restore, renew, or revitalize their own sources of energy and materials, creating thriving systems that integrate the needs of society with the integrity of nature. At Honaunau Farm, we utilize:
- Sustainable and organic production of a large portion of our food and medicinal supply
- Soil regeneration with composting, animal rotation, and manures
- Use of recycled materials for all facets of what we do whenever possible
- Finding innovative ways to reuse and re-purpose existing materials
- Reducing our consumption and being conscious about what we buy
- Rainwater catchment and minimizing our use of water
- Partial solar power and hot water systems
- Low energy lighting with conscious effort to conserve wherever possible
- Use of non-toxic cleaning products
- Educating as a source for change
On the spiritual path, we encourage the practice of self-inquiry and expanded awareness, regular exercise, daily meditation, and gratitude for life. Favorite activities include:
- Time in Nature
- Dance of All Kinds
- Meditation & Contemplation
- Evolutionary Astrology & Gene Keys
At Honaunau Farm, we believe in creating change by being for something rather than against something. We also aim to inspire by demonstrating ways to live with new choices that engage our self-empowerment and personal evolution. As part of our inspiration, we can look to the wisdom offered by our host culture:
- Aloha – to have love, compassion, and respect (see more meanings of Aloha here)
- Laulima – to cooperate
- Mālama ʻāina – to care for the land
- Kuleana – to take responsibility
- Pono – to make right
We enjoy learning more every day about embodying this wisdom and are grateful to live in a place where the Aloha spirit provides a foundation for our growth.